TheBookLife

Pure
Jennifer L. Armentrout
NOS4A2
Joe Hill
Point of Retreat (Slammed, #2)
Colleen Hoover
Psych Major Syndrome - Alicia Thompson http://sarahliveslovesreads.blogspot.comNot only is this a solid YA contemporary romance, but it is also hilarious! It had me laughing out loud and doubling over with laughter. I expected it to be a sweet, typical contemp and I would have thoroughly enjoyed it if that's all it was, but the added humor made it all the more fun! Leigh is a freshman at the same college of her high school sweetheart, they have been together over a year and as far as she is concerned, they are very solid. I liked Leigh, she had a great sense of humor and she was basically just a nice person, but that girl was crazy naive. Her boyfriend, Andrew, was an ass. I didn't like him from the go. He was disrespectful and dismissive to her most of them time, and then as it suited him he was demanding and stubborn. Of course Leigh was pretty blind and could only see what she wanted to be there. Her best friend and roommate, Ami, hated Andrew and didn't hesitate to let him know it. Ami was a trip, so much of the comedy came from scenes when her and Leigh were together. She is artsy, free spirited and fun. The two of them balanced each other out so well. Nathan was a gem! Initially Leigh assumes he dislikes her, just like Ami can't stand Andrew, but we start to realize that he is really just concerned for Leigh. He is the perfect boy for contemp romance and my new book crush. He was sweet, considerate, caring and protective, but he also wasn't one to sit around and take crap. As far as stories go, this one was predictable, but that didn't matter because it was such a fun read all the way through. I would definitely recommend this if you are looking for a sweet romance with a heaping dose of comedy thrown in!