TheBookLife

Pure
Jennifer L. Armentrout
NOS4A2
Joe Hill
Point of Retreat (Slammed, #2)
Colleen Hoover
Liesl & Po - Kei Acedera, Lauren Oliver http://sarahliveslovesreads.blogspot.comI don't usually read middle grade books, but since it was written by Lauren Oliver and I'd heard so many good things about it, I decided to give it a try. I'm glad I did, because this was a great story. It was so well written and full of imagination. The friendship between Liesl & Po was one of my favorite parts of the story. Po comes to her in the attic she's been locked away in for months, she hasn't been drawing since her father died a couple of days ago and Po is concerned about her. Of course, you might expect a little girl to be scared when a ghost appears in her room, but Liesl is not your average little girl. Will, the alchemist's assistant, watches Liesl from afar. He doesn't know anything about her, but he knows that when he sees her sitting in her window at night, he can't help watching her. They all come together to embark on an adventure full of magic. I really liked all of the illustrations throughout the book, too. They made this book just a little more special. There was plenty going on in the story, but I really enjoyed that it wasn't overly complicated. I know this is intended for younger audiences and I didn't expect it to be extremely complicated, but after all of the complex YA titles I read most of the time, this was a really enjoyable and easy read. I would definitely recommend this for anyone looking for a great story and a fun,magical escape.