TheBookLife

Pure
Jennifer L. Armentrout
NOS4A2
Joe Hill
Point of Retreat (Slammed, #2)
Colleen Hoover
Legend - Marie Lu I fear my thoughts on this book are going to be a little unpopular, because people seem to love it so much. It's not a bad book and I didn't hate it, but the story and I never really clicked. It has a very interesting premise, which is what drew me to the book in the first place. Unfortunately, dystopian novels are hit and miss with me. The story is told alternating between Day, public enemy number one, and June, military prodigy. I actually really liked that the female character was the kick butt, military expert. In a lot of books, if there are both male and female main characters, the male character is the "tougher" one. So it was a nice change of pace that the female character was the super badass. Therein lies the problem, because that was really the only thing I liked about June. I actually liked Day. I appreciated the lengths he was willing to go to for his family. I guess mostly I wasn't really feeling the relationship that formed between the two of them. With everything else going on, it wasn't developed enough for me. I suppose there will probably be more of that in the next book. The book was full of action and that's probably the reason I kept reading. The main storyline was well written and certainly made me feel emotions of hate towards the bad guys. At first I suspected that Metias wasn't really dead, and that it was just some elaborate plot created by the military to get June to do their bidding. And that would have been just fine with me, but what was really going on ended up being even crazier. Like I said, this part of the story is what kept me reading. Usually it ends up being the characters that save a book for me and not the plotline, but I'm still not sure if I will continue on with the series. Maybe once all the book have been released. It always makes me sad when I didn't really get along with a book, but just because this one wasn't for me, doesn't mean it isn't for everybody else :0)