TheBookLife

Pure
Jennifer L. Armentrout
NOS4A2
Joe Hill
Point of Retreat (Slammed, #2)
Colleen Hoover
Red Hill - Jamie McGuire A love story set against a zombie apocalypse? How is that anything but intriguing? This book was so awesome, but for completely different reasons than I expected. Yes, there were love stories woven into this world, but it's the world that was so flipping amazing. In all honesty, I hadn't much expected much out of this apocalyptic world, because Jamie McGuire is know for her new adult romance novels and I wasn't all that fond of Beautiful Disaster. I gave it a chance, though, because I wanted to see what she was going to do with it and I am so glad that I did. Jamie writes the heck out of a zombie apocalypse. It was intense, gruesome, scary, and totally insane. I don't normally care for books that have so many POV's, because sometimes it's really hard for the author to do each character justice, but in this particular book it really served the story well. Getting to see the horror befalling the world through different eyes gave a really well developed view of all of the things going on. And it was really cool making all the connections between the people as they slowly started coming together. This book also held some serious tragedy, damn zombies, but it all felt true to the story kept things going. I really came to care for all of the characters and wished I could be there kicking ass right beside them.This was so much more than I expected and I'm so glad it was a different story than what I thought it would be. I was reading this alone at night and at one point I got up to get a drink and I was convinced that I could here zombies in my yard. If that doesn't convince you that this book legit, well clearly you've never been home alone and thought there were zombies in your back yard ;0)A definite recommend from me. This one is more horror story than love story and that's the best part!