TheBookLife

Pure
Jennifer L. Armentrout
NOS4A2
Joe Hill
Point of Retreat (Slammed, #2)
Colleen Hoover
Ripple - Mandy Hubbard Full Review Posted @ http://sarahliveslovesreads.blogspot.com/2011/08/ripple-by-mandy-hubbard.htmlGoing into this one I wasn't reall sure what I was going to get out of it. This is actually my first Siren/Mermaid book and I was a tad skeptical. I didn't need to be so concerned, though, because I really enjoyed this book. Lexi's lake in the middle of the forest was described so well. I could picture myself standing in the woods watching her swim and I could almost feel the pull to be in the water. This story was truly heartbreaking at it's core. Sure there are some good things that happen throughout, but the truth behind the tragedy in the beginning of the book is not something that ever goes away. Even still Mandy Hubbard manages to tell a great story and gives hope for the future of her characters.My favorite character, hands down, was Cole. I couldn't find anything I didn't like about him. Through the whole book he was so patient with Lexi and just wanted to be there for her. Even when she pushed him away, his anger didn't change the fact that he cared. He was just a genuinely nice guy. Lexi was a great character, too, even though she got a little too whiny in her own head, sometimes. She had good reason to be like that, but it drove me nuts when she refused to really let anyone in, even when they so obviously just wanted to be there for her. There was definitely a fair amount of character growth for her in the book and by the end it seems like maybe she's on her way to accepting she can have a better life. I'd say my biggest gripe was probably that she was so willing to forgive Sienna so quickly. I'm sure having your best friend back is hard to resist, but two years of torture forgiven in one day. I don't know about that, although I might just be cynical. Not an Erik fan, nuff said.All in all this was a fantastic read. And I am so glad that it wrapped up nice and satisfying in one book. Don't get me wrong, I love series, but sometimes you need a good standalone and this one was!