TheBookLife

Pure
Jennifer L. Armentrout
NOS4A2
Joe Hill
Point of Retreat (Slammed, #2)
Colleen Hoover
Embrace  - Jessica Shirvington I love angel stories. I kind of feel like a collector of them. I don't always love them and it makes me really sad when I can't finish one, but as I'm sure I've said before, if it has angels it's going on my bookshelf. That being said, EMBRACE was an angel book that I absolutely adore! My favorite part about this book was definitely Violet. I don't know how anyone could not like her. She's sarcastic, funny, caring, kick butt and vulnerable all rolled into one awesome chick. Sometimes she made me so mad, because she was being petulant and ignoring Linc, but at the same time I totally got it. If I'd been told my whole life is about to change and that things were never really what I thought they were, I would probably get super pissed and act like a child for a bit. Of course, this is probably the only part where I thought the book really suffered, and that's only because we were without Lincoln for so long. YOU GUYS! Lincoln is ALL of the wonderful words. He's hot, older, totally kickass, obviously enamored with Violet and forbidden. What else could a girl want in her newest book boyfriend? I really liked the Angel/Grigori mythology in the book. I thought the way the Grigori's were made was really unique and their purpose on earth made for an excellent back story. I thought it was really cool that even the angels need to make sure they had a system of checks and balances, so that no one group could ever truly take over another. We only really got a little of the history of the Grigori's, the exiles, and the angels, but I'm sure we'll get to find out more in the next book. I can't imagine Violet not wanting to find out everything she can, now that she is officially part of this whole new world. Which brings me to another thing, I was so stoked that she was able to clue in her best friend, Steph. I hate stories when the main characters can't ever tell their friends what is really going on. When you are in a crazy situation like Violet, you need your friends, and I can't imagine a better friend than Steph. That girl was such a riot. She is the kind of person I want as my best friend and I can't wait to see more of her in book two. Also, her overexaggerated religious references once she found out, so funny! Griffin was another favorite character of mine. Violet only meets him when she is finding out about her heritage, but he quickly becomes someone she can trust and is always around to look out for her. I definitely want more Griffin in my life, and if anything bad happens to him, I will be so sad!You'll notice I haven't mentioned Phoenix. There is a really good reason for that. I don't like him. I didn't like his character from the start and I only grew to dislike him more as the book went on. That's not to say he was a completely terrible person, because he wasn't, I just never warmed to him. He was a good source for some information, but I won't be sad if he doesn't come around again, although I know he will.So overall I loved this book and I can't wait for the second in the series. I want to know what's going to happen next in this world and I just know that Violet will handle it with so much awesome!