TheBookLife

Pure
Jennifer L. Armentrout
NOS4A2
Joe Hill
Point of Retreat (Slammed, #2)
Colleen Hoover
Ten - Gretchen McNeil Originally posted at The Book Life; http://www.thebooklife.com/2012/08/ten-by-gretchen-mcneil.htmlOh my gosh! Ten is the first book that I've read by Gretchen McNeil and you better believe that I will be pulling Possess off of my shelf soon, to give it a read, too! Reading Ten was kind of like reading a horror movie in book form, it actually kind of reminded me of that tv show from a few years ago, Harper's Island. Not that the story was the same thing, but the format was similar. A bunch of people, in this case teenagers, stranded on an island with a rising body count and an unknown killer. I really enjoyed the mystery running throughout the story and how the killings tied in with the creepy journal that Meg found. There was such a great assortment of characters trapped on the island and that definitely made the interactions between all of them, especially when people started dying, a lot more entertaining. The kids were from a couple of different schools, so they didn't all know each other, which added to the trust issues and made accusations fly a lot faster. I was actually really surprised how much of the death we actually get to experience in the book. I kind of expected a lot of it to be a little glossed over, but Gretchen McNeil didn't shy away from death scenes and some of the murders were quite inventive. I can honestly say that I didn't accurately guess the real murderer until just before our hero/heroine figures it out and that, to me, is the mark of an excellently told mystery. If you are a fan of horror or love a well done and satisfying myster, I definitely recommend Ten. It's a fantastic read, but you might want to keep your lights on :0)