TheBookLife

Pure
Jennifer L. Armentrout
NOS4A2
Joe Hill
Point of Retreat (Slammed, #2)
Colleen Hoover
Fracture - Megan Miranda http://sarahliveslovesreads.blogspot.comI loved this book! The story was intriguing, which is why I wanted to read it in the first place, but I never expected it to make me feel so much. There are so many raw and real emotions throughout Delaney's story. Although, I guess this isn't just her story, it starts with something horrible happening to her and then grows to show how it has affected her entire world. There is a bit of a supernatural element woven into the story and it could have become an epic paranormal about finding out where it stems from and what she can really do, but ultimately this story is about the people. That's not to say Delaney's "ability" is ignored and never really explored, because we do learn about it and its implications, but it's not the driving force behind everything. Delaney's family and friends are what really make this story. They are all people just trying to deal with this terrifying and miraculous thing that has happened. None of them are perfect and they are constantly screwing up and handling things badly, but really they are all just trying to make sense of it. You've got the parents who love their daughter more than anything, but they aren't really sure how to do that anymore. You have the group of friends who helped save her, but now see her as more of a good story than as a friend. You've got the villian, who maybe isn't really a villian, but just unsure of what he's supposed to be doing with his life. Then you have the best friend, who pulled her out of the lake and brought her back to life. Who loves her and also maybe hates her a little, because he feels guilty and ashamed. There is so much going on and sometimes you aren't really sure if you should trust what you are reading, because maybe none of it's real. I love a story that can make me really believe something one page and then make me completely doubt what's happeneing on the next. I think ultimately this is a story about survival. Surviving death and surviving life.