TheBookLife

Pure
Jennifer L. Armentrout
NOS4A2
Joe Hill
Point of Retreat (Slammed, #2)
Colleen Hoover
Shut Out - Kody Keplinger Full Review @: http://sarahliveslovesreads.blogspot.com/2011/08/shut-out-by-kody-keplinger.htmlI will say this, Kody Keplinger never fails to make me laugh out loud. This story was smart, funny and sweet. I'll admit, it was a little disconcerting at first, to think about teenagers being able to use sex for power. I mean, not all of them have their own cars, but they want to control their boyfriends with sex. Of course, I'm not so old that I don't remember that sex was fairly prominent in my high school, too. So after my initial 'OMG' moment, I continued reading and thoroughly enjoyed myself. I really liked the main character Lissa. She was definitely naive, especially concerning her boyfriend Randy, but she was smart and tough. A good leader, as long as she was focused on what was important. Her best friend Chloe was a trip! She kind of reminded me of a friend I had in high school, attitude wise. I loved that she wasn't ashamed of who she was, or that she wasn't afraid to speak her mind. She was a terrific friend, too, always there for Lissa. Ellen was a great character, too. Once we get to know her a little better, we get to see why Lissa missed her so much. Tool is a good word for Randy and that's about all that needs to be said on him. Cash on the other hand, WOW! Now I know it's fiction, but I'd like to think that there are actually teenage boys out there as wonderful as him, and I don't just mean looks wise. Although, he had me at green eyes :0)I'd never read the story of Lysistrata, so I don't really know how similar the two are, but the premise of a sex strike definitely made for some hilarious antics. I am going to go on record, and this is something I have believed since my high school days, soccer boys are way hotter than football boys! Well done Miss Keplinger, bring on the next one!