TheBookLife

Pure
Jennifer L. Armentrout
NOS4A2
Joe Hill
Point of Retreat (Slammed, #2)
Colleen Hoover
Pushing the Limits - Katie McGarry Originally posted at http://www.thebooklife.comEcho and Noah aren’t friends. Things are bad enough for Echo, with almost everyone in school whispering about her being a freak and spreading rumors about what happened to her and where she got her scars. The last thing she needs to worry about is bad boy, Noah Hutchins. They keep crossing paths, though, and she’s finding it harder and harder to resist him. Noah’s life isn’t easy and Echo Emerson isn’t making things any easier. He doesn’t care about school, he doesn’t care about his reputation, all he cares about is making sure he can see his brothers. So why is he spending so much time caring about Echo?I love stories about broken characters. Not because I like seeing people who are in pain, or dealing with personal tragedy, but I feel like there are so many more directions you can take a story when a character has had some serious stuff happen in their lives. Echo and Noah are such an oddly matched pair and when we first meet them, you would never think that they would have any reason to spend any time together. Once the story gets going, and we start to learn a little about things that have happened to them, we start to see that they are more alike than even they realize. I loved how protective Noah was of Echo, even though she irritated him to no end. Echo was simultaneously mad at the world and afraid they were judging her, which considering the things that happened and the fact that she can't remember them, is a pretty understandable way to be. Noah pisses her off, but she is drawn to him and they start to realize that maybe they can help each other. Their scheming was so fun, if a little misguided, and it was fun watching them try to be so sneaky.This is such a powerful story and it's so well written. Sure, it's about a couple of teenagers, but they aren't just your average high school students. The story is about dealing with and accepting the past, figuring out who they are now, and realizing that they do have a future. For me, the best love stories also have a lot of pain. Maybe that makes me a masochist, but I want to read about struggles and tough situations, because I want to see the love triumph over all of it. Love is supposed to conquer all. The best kind of loves stories come from characters who have reached their lowest point and it's when they realize that they are worthy of the love they are being offered, that I truly believe in it. Emotions abound in this book and it's not all sunshine and rainbows, but it is definitely a must read story. The characters are so well drawn and you will laugh and cry right along with them. I urge everyone to run to the bookstore or library and pick yourself up a copy of this and read it right away! Stories like this one don't come around all the time :0)