TheBookLife

Pure
Jennifer L. Armentrout
NOS4A2
Joe Hill
Point of Retreat (Slammed, #2)
Colleen Hoover
Decked with Holly - Marni Bates Marni Bates debut Awkward was such a great read for me, that I was super excited when I found out she was writing a new book that involved a rockstar and Christmas! Decked With Holly plays on the whole accidental fame thing, just like in Awkward, but this time our characters are trapped on a cruise ship. Holly and Dominic's "meet cute" is more like a "meet hilarious disaster". It was definitely one of the most unique ways I've seen two potential love interests first introduced to each other. Once they give in to the inevitable and strike a deal that will save Dominic's reputation and hopefully help Holly gain some respect from her nasty cousins, things certainly get a little more interesting. Holly isn't exactly prepared for the paparazzi or what fake dating really entails. While I liked Holly and her snark quite a bit, she wasn't as big of a hit for me as Mackenzie was. There were plenty of laughs and some great characters, but there were parts that fell a little flat for me. I really liked Holly's best friend, but I wish we could have gotten more in person interactions between her and Holly. I guess maybe that's what didn't really work for me, the whole cruise thing. I liked the characters, even the mean girl cousins, and I thought the love story was really sweet, but having them all confined to the same place made the story drag for me a little. Overall this is a cute read and it will definitely get you chuckling. I love that it takes place during Christmastime, and of course rockstars are always fun to read about. While there were a few things that didn't work for me, I would still recommend this to anyone who is looking for a fun, quick contemporary read!