TheBookLife

Pure
Jennifer L. Armentrout
NOS4A2
Joe Hill
Point of Retreat (Slammed, #2)
Colleen Hoover

Article 5

Article 5 - I want to go on record and say Chase Jennings is my new favorite book boyfriend. That boy is so broken and tortured, but deep down he just wants to save Ember. Mostly, throughout the whole book, I just wanted to give him a hug. Don't get me wrong, there were also times when I just wanted to smack him, because he was being so frustrating. He definitely made the book for me, because he was such an integral part of what was going on. It wouldn't have been as good if there hadn't been a Chase, in Article 5. I know, I know, there is another character in this book who is just as important. Ember was a solid female lead. She had a whole heap of issues, with good reason, but she could hold her own and was willing to fight as hard as she could for what was right. The two of them have been through so much, together and apart, and it was wonderful watching them grow and get to know each other again. Aside from the great characters, this book has so much going on, and that is definitely a good thing. The action starts immediately and really never lets up. Something big happens and the characters trudge through it, get some resolution, but you are nowhere near the end of the book and you think 'it can't be this easy'. Then you read a few pages more, and BAM!, something else goes down and you're off again on a new adventure. I can't believe she was able to fit so much into one book and manage to pull it off so seemlessly. If we get this much action and great storyline in the first book, I can't wait to see what Kristen has in store for us in book two. I want to tell you so many things, but because there is so much in this story, I can't say much without spoiling it. So I will leave you with this. Chase Jennings is MINE, but I'll gladly share if you promise to read Article 5 :0)