TheBookLife

Pure
Jennifer L. Armentrout
NOS4A2
Joe Hill
Point of Retreat (Slammed, #2)
Colleen Hoover

Hemlock

Hemlock - I'm such a fan of this book! This is the kind of story that reminds me why I keep reading paranormals, even when some of them feel a little redundant. Hemlock was nowhere close to being redundant. I really like the new take on werewolves and how they are out and known by the whole world. Being "infected" still isn't considered a good thing, but depending on who you are talking to, it's not completely terrible either. Unfortunately, in the town of Hemlock, there have been a string of gruesome werewolf attacks and some of them ended in death. When Mac's best friend Amy is one of the victims, it shatters their group's whole world. Mac is such an awesome character. She comes from a difficult childhood, so it's definitely made her a little less warm and fuzzy in her teen years, but she has got so much spunk and isn't afraid to do what she has to for those she cares about. Granted, trying to solve the mystery behind a string of werewolf killings, isn't the best idea a teenage girl ever had. Fortunately, she has got some awesome friends in her life. Some more willing to help than others. She had such a great support system in Kyle, Serena, Trey, aunt Tess, and sometimes Jason. The mystery in this one was a doozy and it had so many twists and turns. Some parts were really shocking, others were easier to see coming, but all of them made reading such a fun ride. And I really like the way Kathleen Peacock handled the love story for Mac. It all felt very genuine, and sometimes heartbreaking, but it moved at the perfect pace. I know that technically it is supposed to be a love triangle, but for now it feels more triangle-ish, which I really didn't mind. The relationships between Mac and the boys vying for her attention felt really authentic, and I am actually looking forward to seeing where it goes in the next two books. This book has great action, an excellently told story, and compulsive readability. I only had just a couple of chapters left to read and I had to go to work. I spent the hours up until my break obsessing over what might happen. I don't usually read at work, but I had to with this one, because I couldn't wait to find out! I would definitely recommend this to someone looking for a different kind of werewolf, or anyone who is looking for a great action fillled story that will completely draw you in with it's wonderful cast of characters and exciting mystery.